Yesterday was the one year anniversary of the Securities and Exchange Commission’s Regulation Crowd Funding.
Venture Beat provided some statistics on how the year went, including:
- 335 companies have filed offering documents,
- of those, 43% were funded and 30% failed, and the remainder are still open.
- Total capital committed to date was more than $40 million, with the average successful crowdfunding campaign raising around $282,000 from about 312 investors.
- 26 funding portals have registered with FINRA and 9 have closed or been shut down by the regulators.
- WeFunder is the leading portal for money raised, followed by MicroVentures and StartEngine.
More info in the article: