HAX, a China/SanFrancisco, California, accelerator that has been investing in crowdfunded projects has some tips for being successful, including:
- your project should be hard to copy and move fast with it;
- don’t start your crowdfunding campaign until your technology and manufacturing process is proven;
- keep your video focused on the product;
- budget for a good video;
- give journalists a live demo so they will cover the campaign;
- use the new viral video channels;
- use Facebook/Google ads; and
- build a community.
Good advice from an investor who has been around the block.