Chris Robley, a musician who crowdfunded his latest album, gives an honest assessment of what he would have done differently in his successful crowdfunding campaign, including:
- build in more time for the lead up to the campaign;
- don’t spend a ton of money on the video – it just needs to be good enough;
- make individual appeals more of a priority (see below);
- note that most donations come in below $100, so many levels of awards are not necessary; and
- set a higher goals or a stretch goal just in case you’re successful.
Note that most of his financing came primarily from his established Facebook “friends” to whom he communicated directly.