As reported here and elsewhere, Paramount and CBS have sued the producers of the crowdfunded Star Trek fan film.
Whilst the lawsuit has not yet been dismissed, Paramount has published its new guidelines for the production of fan films, including:
- film must not be longer than 15 minutes;
- the title can’t include the words “Star Trek;”
- the production must use official merchandise for props;
- all participants must be amateurs;
- total crowdfunding cannot exceed $50,000 “including all platform fees, and when the $50,000 goal is reached, all fundraising must cease;”
- the production cannot distribute DVDs; and
- the film must be family friendly.